We know that doctor appointments can be nerve wracking, frustrating, or even confusing sometimes. That’s why at Patient Navigation Team we work to put patient care back into your corner.
We work with you get your questions answered and all your options discussed before taking any treatment. This gives you the power to decide what is best for you and your family medically and financially.
Navigating the challenges of today’s healthcare system can be frustrating—and expensive. You deserve the best communication possible with every member of the healthcare team and a clear understanding of all the available medical options. This type of care can only be provided by non-partial support teams like independent advocates.
Independent patient advocates operate with a passion to make the process more accessible. Organizations like Patient Navigation Team are here to walk through the process and to help you make your goal a reality.
We can be there to:
- Interpret medical terms, prescribing information, potential drug interactions, scientific research, clinical trials, and FDA Notifications. – Helping you get all the facts you need when making a medical decision for yourself or someone you are care giving for.
- Prepare questions to ask physician/pharmacist – Allowing you to maximize your time with your medical team
- Accompany you to medical appointments, helping you better understand discussions with medical professionals. – Sometimes a translator is needed to help all participants in the health team better understand one another. That is what we do!
- Review medication and treatment options based on recommendations of your physician, insurance coverage and your personal concerns. – This helps you to ensure your getting the very best treatment options available for your specific needs.
- Assist with access to “patient portal” accounts that are usually provided by your medical practitioners. – Technology can get confusing, so we help you navigate your digital medical records so you know how to use the system your medical team is using, aiding in the transparency of your health care.
- Provide valuable insights on vaccinations for yourself, parents, or children. – Vaccinations are discussed a lot particularly for the wee ones, but the how and why isn’t always. We can help navigate the vaccination protocols so you can get your kids the care they need when they need it!
- Give complimentary group presentations, “healthcare coaching”. – This is part of our community health movement we have started. The health care system is frustrating or confusing because it takes time to understand. We have identified areas of the system that we feel help everyone have a better experience if they have this information.
Julie V., MD
I thought she did a great job, very helpful, prepared, reliable, genuinely concerned. I would feel very comfortable with her as advocate for any of my family or patients.
Nancy P. Winston-Salem, NC
When my grandson was 4 months old, he was diagnosed with Leukocyte Adhesion Disorder (LAD) at a renown children’s hospital. If not for Andrea’s ability to translate my layman’s understanding, coupled with her diligent effort researching other medical possibilities of what was happening in my grandson’s life, he would have been misdiagnosed. He had a Uracrial remnant/syst. Our family is forever grateful to Andrea for her guidance during this medical challenge.
In 2002, I was taking intense chemotherapy drugs in preparation for a stem cell transplant, following a recurrence of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Initiation of the transplant was stalled when the research hospital was unable to obtain the only available biopsy results originating at a regional hospital. Another biopsy was not an option, as there was no remaining cancerous tissue in my body. Andrea Alemanni, owner of Patient Navigation Team, LLC, intervened on my behalf, acting as a liaison between the hospitals. She was able to locate the vital results and I hand-delivered those to the research hospital. I successfully underwent the stem cell transplant procedure, which was ultimately determined by the biopsy results rediscovered by Ms. Alemanni.
Synthroid – Provided a comparison between brand name and generic thyroxine medications based on FDA rulings, journal articles regarding the importance of maintaining finely balanced dosage of thyroxine, patient’s dental/medical records, etc. These documents were presented with cover letter to the insurance company (approx. 100 pages).
I am a patient with a history of intermittent atrial fibrillation, occasionally requiring cardioversion over the course of the last decade. My cardiologist strongly advised me to start taking a specific “blood thinner” on a permanent basis. In my case of random occurrence, I wanted information on other options. Ms. Alemanni, owner of Patient Navigation Team, LLC, researched these drugs and joined us on our next cardiologist appointment. She was able to discuss FDA prescribing information clearly and help me communicate my preferences to the doctor. Based on these points, my doctor and I were able to agree on an alternative medication regime. In addition, the cardiologist expressed his appreciation for having the scientific discussion and wished his other patients had access to such a resource.
My husband was in need of testosterone therapy. We unsuccessfully tried various forms, including injections. The physician finally settled on a brand name product which would have put us in the “doughnut hole” with our medicare coverage. Andrea researched and provided a list of more affordable testosterone options. As the caregiver, I was able to present this research to the physician and comfortably discuss the options. My husband is still successfully using one of the more affordable products we were able to discuss based on Ms. Alemanni’s research.
Bringing security and peace of mind is our mission.
The patient advocates at Patient Navigation Team work to provide you and your family support and information, optimizing communication with your healthcare experts. We are dedicated to personalizing our services and putting your mind at ease.
Let us help you build confidence about your healthcare!